Saturday, June 2, 2007

Split personality

I’m of two minds. In rethinking what I have posted here, and what I need to have (and alternately, need not have) posted on my website, I’ve opted to develop a split personality. I want to keep this blog going. I want to have an outlet where I can discuss things with friends, and share thoughts. But I also need to have a more professional side, which is the one I put forward to the world while I’m in the midst of my job search.

Therefore, I’ve opted to create a second blog. This second blog, digital distractions (mmclaurin.blogspot.com) is the one I am linking to my website. This blog, (idmx.blogspot.com) is becoming my personal blog, and will no longer be linked from my website (though you can still go to there from here). So, I hope those of you who have this keyed to blogarithm updates can still follow. I’m trying to resist the more drastic measure of putting a password on the idmx blog, as I think that makes it all a lot more pull than I think most are willing to bear. But maybe you can let me know your thoughts.

And, for those of you of a mind to look into my more professional mind, the other blog may be an interesting read, from time to time.

Peace.

2 comments:

Marie Javins said...

For some reason, I never get the past the password page on password blogs.

mmclaurin said...

Yeah, I can see that. I think I'm going to need a really strong reason to add that level of security. I'm not exactly embarrased by what I write here, it's just that it doesn;t necessarily help me get a job. But I think it's honest and okay to say. I stand behind it. I hope an interested employer who stumbles across it (and it's not that hard for someone that knew how to look) could appreciate that. But better safe than stupid.