Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Life at 18

Been avoiding blogging, in favor of living stuff that might be interesting to write about. But nothing's come up that I can write about, except in personal letters. So I've written a bunch of those. Doing so has made me introspective (big whop) and so started me digging through some old journals. In doing so, I dug up the following. Keep in mind I was a flighty 18-year-old (with all due respect to flighty 18 year olds) when I wrote the following life observations on the back page of my journal. First is a famous quote that I still believe today. The rest are mine:

I am not what I think I am.
I am not what you think I am.
I am what I think you think I am—C. Wright Mills

Dreams don't die. They are only ever murdered.

Tears were made for fools and children and other favored ones of God.

In time, all things grow and blossom, like love.
In time, all things also wilt, whither and die.
The trick is to know what time it is.

If a man knew with a certainty his purpose in life, would it make it easier or more difficult to be?

No comments: