Friday, December 1, 2006

Cleaning house

Events have conspired over the past few weeks to force me to clean out the cobwebs in my head and in my home office. Maybe it's the procrastination bug (I need to get back to the book), but I think it's actually really useful. I get inspired to get I'm going, by looking where I've been.

Anyway, this post is the first of several where I'll share some of the old pics that give a little history of where I've been. Starting on Monday, I'll post some great shots of my time as an Editor at Marvel Comics, which was one of the most fun jobs I've ever had. Probably, for the time, one of the most fun jobs there is. Some of these pix will feature images of some old friends who might be a little embarrassed by them. In light of that, before I show an embarrassing shot of anyone else, I'll subject myself first.



Me at age 8. Mom made me wear the clip-on.

6 comments:

Sara Kocher said...

Awww, you were adorable!

Looking forward to your Marvel pix. There have been a lot of embarrassing late-80s photos posted recently...hope yours are no worse (frantically trying to recall whether you have any of me).

mmclaurin said...

Oh, I have 'em all right! Remember the pictures after the camping-in-the-snow fiasco?

Steve Buccellato said...

I'm sure I have some 'purple pants' photos somewhere...

mmclaurin said...

I got that one beat. I'm sure I still have the purple pants!

Steve Buccellato said...

Maybe you can sell them on ebay.

Sara Kocher said...

Camping in the snow on Yom Kippur, as I recall. So I went grocery shopping (with you, I think?) after fasting all day. I think we bought half the store. And I must have eaten about 47 s'mores after the sun finally went down.

I don't think I ever saw the photos, though. And they could be bad. I sure hope they're not too awful/embarrassing/compromising.